Founder - Giving Women
Member of the Jury
Atalanti Hadjipateras Moquette received a BA Hons. in Philosophy and Ancient Greek at King’s College London. She continued her postgraduate studies in Art History at the University of Toronto. Atalanti’s passions include education, art, philanthropy and women’s rights.
She started her career on the specialist side of Sotheby’s, London and has worked on art education policy in Toronto and Geneva.
Her involvement in the field of philanthropy follows a family tradition.
In 2009 Atalanti founded Giving Women, a network of diverse but like-minded women who pool their professional skills and experience to provide advice to strengthen projects directed at vulnerable girls and women globally.
Atalanti has sat on several boards including:
– Vice –President of the board of the International School of Geneva
– Vice-President of the board of the International Baccalaureate Organisation
– Founding member of the Executive Committee of Human Rights Watch, Geneva
– Member of FOTIS, an association which provides bursaries for children in the developing world, allowing them to complete their secondary education.
– Member of the Board of Barefoot College International
– Member of the Board of ActionAid, Switzerland