Participation in the IWPA Award is free and open to women photographers, minimum age of 18 years, regardless of nationality. If you are in a jurisdiction where the age of majority is above 18 years, you will obtain the consent of a parent/guardian to participate in the IWPA Award.
By entering the Award, participants are deemed to have read and accepted all aspects of the submissions & rules described on this page (Regulations). If you do not agree to be bound by these Regulations, you are not authorized to participate in the IPWA Award. These Regulations may be updated from time to time and the latest version of these Regulations will always apply.
/ ORGANIZATION AND DATES /
The International Women Photographer Award is organized by the Association IWPA registered under number 79068466600015 identification, whose registered office is at 8 rue Labat de Savignac, entrée B, 31500 Toulouse, France
/ DATES FOR SUBMISSION /
October 15th 2017 – December 15th 2017.
This Regulation sets out the rules for this contest.
/ OPEN CALL /
There is no entry fee.
The Photographer can enter the IWPA Award by choosing one of the two themes decided by the Association IWPA.The Photographer has to specify under which theme she enters.
/ IWPA THEMES 2018 /
- Visible / Invisible
- Free theme
Eligible are submissions that comprised 12 images.
Photographs must be a consistent set, meaning that images must work together as a whole.
Submissions must not have been previously used for any commercial purposes or won a previous competition or award.
Photographs must be accompanied by a text presenting the work.
The Photographer has to send a CV and a short Bio (300 words max)
Submitted images should be in JPEG format, with a minimum of 2500 pixels in width/height at 72 dpi and be no more than 5 megabytes in size (maxi 60 MB for the full zip Doc.)
Color or Black & White images, Digital or Silver digitized pictures.
Should the participant’s work be selected for the exhibition, IWPA will ask the participant to supply high-resolution files that are suitable for print.
No signature, name, text, stamp, logo, watermarks or other copyright notices shall be affixed on photographs submitted to IWPA.
IWPA supports the prints, which will be printed in a professional lab with digital printing process. Dimensions can vary depending of exhibition space.
/ NOTE ON COPYRIGHT /
The images remain the property of the author and IWPA requires a license to use the images in relation to the promotion of the award during the following year(s) or for any other purpose, without the participant being able to raise any financial claim, and to include all print, video or online media or social media. IWPA may sub-license this licence to its partners.
Photographers will be consulted, in case IWPA wishes to use their work in any other context.
/ SELECTION PROCESS /
The organizing companies guarantee the participant fairness, good faith and loyalty of the members of the jury.
The international jury will select 11 Finalists per IWPA edition, among them, the jury will grant one photographer, as the IWPA Laureate. The jury’s decision is final and shall not be challenged.
The photographs will be judged based on the photographic skill, artistic sensibilities, emotion, impact and originality as well as on the consistency of the approach to the themes – The relevance of the photo to the subject.
The jury may reject any picture if it considers that it is not artistically adequate or which in breach with the Regulations.
IWPA aims at announcing the shortlist Finalists the month before the first group exhibition. The winner and shortlisted photographers will be notified by email to the email address which they submit during registration process. Shorlist Finalists to be published on the IWPA website and associated social media.
IWPA reserves the right to change, or modify the prize at any time before the end of the award, but will make sure to inform all Participants.
/ MAJOR FORCE /
In case of force majeure IWPA reserves the right to amend this regulation, to postpone or cancel the competition without liability to the participants.
/ PERSONAL DATA / PRIVACY /
In entering the award participant agrees that IWPA is permitted to receive and process their registration data. All personal information is collected for the purpose of administering your entry, and will be kept secure & confidential and is used in accordance with applicable law.
/ COPYRIGHT /
- Submitted photographs must be original materials created by the participant.
- Participant must confirm that they are the sole copyright holder of the material or have been authorized by another copyright holder to submit the material to this award.
- IWPA (and its partners) are not responsible of any royalties, fees or any other amount to a third person and cannot assume responsibility and is not liable for any misuse of the participant’s work by third parties
- The photographer retains the copyright of the photographs. IWPA recognizes that the participant – the author of the photograph – retains full and complete ownership of the copyright in each submission.
- Please note: IWPA uses the social media platforms. IWPA will provide full credit to the photographer when posting images, but IWPA cannot guarantee that others who copy or repost images will do the same and IWPA shall not be liable for the actions of any such third parties.
- The Participant undertakes, warrants and confirms that she will not assert any moral or similar rights that she may have in relation to any original materials submitted as part of the award to prevent their public display in accordance with these Regulations.
- The Participant agrees to indemnify IWPA and its partners (Indemnified Parties) against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by an Indemnified Party arising out of or in connection with any claim made against an Indemnified Party for actual or alleged infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights arising out of, or in connection with the participant’s submission or from a breach by the participant of these Regulations.
/ ELIGIBILITY /
- Women photographer, above 18 years old.
- Participants may enter with one particular project once only and by choosing one of the two given themes
- All entries must be submitted via the website no later than 11.59pm (French time) on December 15th 2017. Any photos submitted after this time will not be accepted.
- Finalists & Laureate will be informed by email and announced on the website (date TBC).
- Submissions must be of a reasonably large file size and of high quality (at least 2500px at 72dpi, with a maximum size of five megabytes per file). The Participant’s photos must be in JPEG format. (no Zip format)
- All participants must be able to supply a high-resolution (400dpi) and a high-definition image suitable for printing in media and for an exhibition, should the work be chosen for the final selection.
- Any incomplete application will not be accepted.
- Participant agrees that the content of her work complies with all applicable law and in particular:
Respect public order and good moral standards.
Respect the intellectual property rights of third parties.
Do not affect the reputation, privacy and image of a third party and are not libelous or defamatory.
Does not contain disparaging or defamatory words.
Presents no pedophilia and does not strike the sensibility of the minors – Does not present pornographic character.
Does not affect the safety or integrity of a state or territory.
Does not incite discrimination whether based on sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or political opinion.
Does not incite crime, hatred, violence, suicide and racism.
Does not incite to commit a crime or an act of terrorism.
Does not otherwise breach applicable law.
This list is not being exhaustive.
Any deceitful statement of the participant will entail their exclusion from the award without the responsibility of the Association IWPA can be committed.
- This Contest is subject to the French law. In the event of a dispute between the Parties, arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) then the dispute shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the DIFC-LCIA Arbitration Centre, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into these Regulations. For the purposes of any arbitration commenced pursuant to this clause: (i) there shall be a sole arbitrator; (ii) the seat, or legal place, of the arbitration shall be in the Dubai International Financial Centre in Dubai, UAE; (iii) the arbitration hearings shall take place in Dubai, UAE; (iv) the language to be used in the arbitration proceedings shall be English; and (v) the award of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties.
- Participant will receive an email confirmation of their IWPA award participation.
- Inaccurate or incomplete entry will be rejected, without engaging the responsibility of IWPA.
- The illegality of any part of Regulations shall not prejudice the enforceability of any other part, which shall be severable.
- The failure on the part of a party to exercise or enforce any right conferred upon it by these Regulations shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right or operate so as to prevent the exercise or enforcement of any right conferred upon the parties by these Regulations.
- These Regulations constitute the entire understanding and agreement of the parties relating to its subject matter and supersede, cancel and replace all prior agreements between IWPA and the participants which relate to the same subject matter whether written, oral, implied or would be inferred from the correspondence, oral statements or conduct of the parties.
- The participant shall not sell, assign, mortgage, charge, transfer or otherwise dispose of any of its rights or obligations under these Regulations nor will it delegate or sub-contract any of such rights or obligations without the prior written consent IWPA.
- Subject to applicable law, IPWA and its partners, will not be liable for loss of profits, revenues, or data, financial losses or indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, IPWA and its partners exclude all liability of for any claims under these Regulations.
/ NOTE ON THE FIRST EXHIBITION & TRAVELLING EXHIBITION PRINT & SALE /
Finalist/Laureate agrees on the following:
- A selection of one (1) to five (5) photographs of the photographer’s set to be printed and exhibited during the exhibition.
/ IWPA EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION /
In order to continue the action of IWPA and support women photographers through the year, as well as women & girls causes worldwide, IWPA aims to create the IWPA edition that consists of a limited edition of 15 pictures based on the finalist and laureate’s photographs of the IWPA award.
- These exclusive photographs are available for sale exclusively online and can be order through IWPA website.
- 50% of the proceeds will go to the photographer and the other 50% to IWPA (who in its discretion may donate some or all of these sums to its nominated charity partner).
All prints are exclusively printed by a professional lab, IWPA printing partner.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org